On Wed, 22 May 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, mark tinguely wri
> tes:
> >on Tue May 21 13:07:13 2002, Trish Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> >> femme:~$ passwd
> >> Changing local password for trish
> >> Old Password:
> >> passwd in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> >> Abort trap
> >
> >does your log file have a swap space exceeded error? If so, restart
> >your inetd.
>
> That answer doesn't make sense...
>
> see malloc(3) for more info.

Yeah exactly, BTW, the patch for this issue is currently at
http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/pam_unix.c.patch

DES has been notified by juli.

It was the location of the free() that was an issue, it now works for me.

-Trish

--
Trish Lynch                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD                                         The Power to Serve