<<On Sat, 25 May 2002 17:17:40 -0500, "Scot W. Hetzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> So why does adding "-I/usr/include" to CPPFLAGS cause the compiler to ignore
> the headers in /usr/include?

It doesn't -- it just causes the compiler to emit a warning message
which confuses AC_CHECK_HEADER in some versions of autoconf.  (I think
2.52 doesn't have this problem, but 2.19 does.  I haven't investigated
this recently, though.)

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | [G]enes make enzymes, and enzymes control the rates of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | chemical processes.  Genes do not make ``novelty-