On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 09:19:17PM +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 23:32 -0700, Peter Wemm wrote:
>
> Is this the moment where src/usr.bin/perl should be mailwrapper
> like?  Instead of searching the interpreter in some uncertain
> location (and failing) shouldn't the program just believe in
> what it was told by the admin?  Since the admin should know if
> perl is installed and where it lives.  And which one to choose
> should multiple versions be installed (for whatever reason).

IMHO, since the purpose of the wrapper is to preserve POLA, it should
try its best without user assistance. If we want to add a configuration
file, that's great - but the standard configuration, or no configuration,
should make it search the PATH + /usr/local/bin.

Bye,
        Andrea

--
            0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?