On Wed, 29 May 2002 16:13:13 +0900,
  Seigo Tanimura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

tanimura> Maybe we can solve both of the issues above by roughly checking if a
tanimura> thread can keep spinning without acquiring any locks, in the similar
tanimura> way as we do for a spin mutex.  First, test the following conditions:

tanimura> - The owner of the mutex has not changed.
tanimura> - The owner is on a processor.

- The priority of the curent thread has not changed.

If some other thread spins for a mutex held by the current thread, we
may have to propagate the priority of the other thread.

--
Seigo Tanimura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>