On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 05:55:47PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 06:22:27PM -0500, Bob Willcox wrote:
> > Rather than simply installing perl (I'll get to that later)
> > I decided to track down what was calling it. Turns out that
> > /usr/libexec/locate.mklocatedb was the culprit. I then modified
> > locate.mklocatedb to use awk rather than perl. Here's the diff:
>
> Thanks, committed.
> BTW, please take care about how your MUA handles ^I's vs. ' '. :-)

Hmm, strange. The first awk line had the ^I's converted to spaces and
the second one didn't. Digging into this abit deeper, it seems that my
MUA (mutt) probably wasn't to blame afterall. It appears that I must
have hosed this up myself while editing the file. :-(

Bob

--
Bob Willcox            If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           why practice?