On 22 Jun 2002, Jan Stocker wrote:

> i am sure on my old 4.x system i was able to mount my floppy-disc and
> can use long filenames, but on my -current
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt
> leads to 8.3 lowercase
> and
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0c /mnt
> the first time to 8.3 uppercase and the following to 8.3 lowercase...

msdos doesn't exist in -current (it has been renamed to msdosfs), so
"mount -t msdos ..." should just print a message about mount_msdos
not being found.  Perhaps you have an old version of mount_msdos.  It
might not work, since the mount family is one of the main areas where
-current breaks binary compatibility.  Similarly for the msdos module,
except breakage of binary compatibility is normal for all modules.
Getting a different result the second time (after loading a module)
looks more like a problem with the module than with the mount program.