On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:29:14PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Doug Barton, and lo! it spake thus:

> > Well, what I do is place symlinks in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf, pointing to
> > the "real" kernel config file(s), which are in a different hierarchy,
> > and in the "local" part of my CVS repository (vs. the FreeBSD part).
> >
> > It may be a hack, but it's been a fairly effective one for some time
> > now.  :-}
>
> That is also useful if you're prone to do 'rm -rm /usr/src' periodically
> :)

Indeed.  I keep mine in /usr/local/kernel (I sometimes have to copy them
over, such as when doing a kernel build over NFS on another box, but life
isn't perfect), and I newfs /usr/src and re-co the src tree between
builds (nice quick and easy way to cleanup, that).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]