Luigi Rizzo writes:
 > On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:47:26AM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 > >
 > > The same thing happened to me when buildworlding on a ~june 20th
 > > current box.
 >
 > Ruslan explained me the source of the problem... cvs does not
 > prune empty directories unless you specify a revision or a date.
 > In my case i wanted HEAD so i did
 >
 >      cvs co src
 >
 > whereas I should have done
 >
 >      cvs co -P src
 >
 > After doing that, mostly things worked (modulo the fact that i probably
 > was in the middle of some commit and there was some breakage
 > somewhere, but nothing important)

Ah!  That makes sense.  I lost a few hundred files after the fsck,
so I did an 'lcvs up' to make sure none of the src tree was missing.
And my .cvsrc has 'update -Pd' in it.

It had been a fresh checkout previously.

That's actually rather scary.  It implies that a freshly checked out
tree checked out with plain 'cvs co src' is no longer buildable.

Drew