In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Terry Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: Daniel O'Connor wrote:
: > On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 11:45, Terry Lambert wrote:
: > > Anything in the boot path needs to be static, by definition,
: > > or you face the Catch-22 of needing to load the driver in
: > > order to be able to load the driver.
: >
: > Uhh, not really.
: > If your BIOS supports it (which it must for you to boot off it) then the
: > loader can load any extra modules you need.
: >
: > If your argument was true then the kernel would need to load itself :)
:
: Think "CDROM install".

Dude, what crack are you smoking?  How many times to we have to tell
you.  We have a boot loader that knows how to read the kernel from the
cdrom or scsi or whatever.  IT is a tiny increment to also load
additional modules at that time that support those devices.  What's
the real issue?

Warner