χ Tue, 13.08.2002, Χ 20:00, Mike Makonnen ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:40:20 +0400
> "Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > There is patch to teach rcNG do not try dhcp on not-connected ethernet.
> >
> > simply put
> > ifconfig_fxp0="dhcp-if-carrier"
> > into rc.conf
> >
> > It will be interested to somebody
> >
> > Theoretically there are another solution for problem - add new key to
> > dhclient - check interface media before broadcasting.
>
> Yes, there is a simple solution: adjust the timeout in dhclient.conf.

It is not solution - it is workaround
  - I do not wand any dhcp activity if I have no media (say in car)
    And dhclient in case of failure of detecting network address will
    install lask seen one, with last seen default gateway and I will get
    very long timeout while any of my apps will try to reach network
    instead of instant 'no route to host'

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
[EMAIL PROTECTED], SWsoft, Inc.