I just installed -DP1, no problem. Then I made a world and kernel
(from sept 11 cvsup). Now I get this at boot:

  FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #2: Thu Sep 12 21:20:00 CEST 2002
  (...)
  atapci0: <VIA 82C586 ATA33 controller> port 0xe000-0xe00f at device 7.1 on pci0
  ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
  ata1: at 0x170 irq 16 on atapci1
  (...)
  Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
  ata0-master: timeout waiting for interrupt
  ata0-master: ATA identify failed
  Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a
  setrootbyname failed
  ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
  Root mount failed: 6

  Manual root filesystem specification:
  (...)
  mountroot>

I searched in the archives and found the following patches:
  http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=200203220914.aa83048%40salmon.maths.tcd.ie
  http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=200203220933.g2M9XGT90073%40freebsd.dk
The first patch I tried - no success. The second one I didn't try since asleep and
await have been removed. Furthermore, I changed the 10*hz sleep timeout to 100*hz,
no luck. I don't really know what to try next.

- Willem van Engen