I've been playing around with lang/icc a bit, and find it quite vexing
that machine/endian.h has macros that are ifdef'd around __GNUC__. The
intel compiler does not like the macros, partly because they are split
across multiple lines and possibly for other reasons.

It seems to me that making a header actually _require_ gcc-isms is
something that the FreeBSD team should be working away from... Would it
not be possible to put make some more generic macros available as well?
I'm sure it's not the only instance of similar issues, but making one
header less gcc-dependent is a step in the right direction is it not?

WNM

--
          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \