Dunno who it was, but my understanding is that we already actually use
lightweight interrupt threads on sparc64, so you might want to peruse
there and look at the approach taken.  :-)  You might have been talking to
Bosko (possibly at USENIX ATC), as he was maintaining an i386 lightweight
interrupt thread implementation (although I think it got fairly hosed over
time due to a lot of changes in the main tree).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Network Associates Laboratories