On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:
> I think the major problem with the Vinum code is that it isn't
> very readable in an 80 column editor window with 8 column tabs,
> but that's pretty much the worst you can say about it, other than
> the code has not been maintained by the people changing subsystems
> out from under it.

This changing APIs out from under WORKING subsystems is something I'd like
to have a ruling on -CORE from.  Calling it "bit-rot" is how people have
gotten away with stuff like that in the past but it really has to stop.
If your new super nifty kernel code is so wonderful then you can take the
time to not break existing code and to update it properly to your new API.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |