In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Matthew N. Dodd" w
rites:
>On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, David O'Brien wrote:
>> Since when hasn't it been standard on BSD based systems?  Other than
>> recently on FreeBSD, all other BSD systems I've used, the "c" partition
>> has been necessary when wanting to operate on the entire disk.
>
>Has our CDROM driver ever supported multiple ISO filesystems per CD?  Has
>it supported multi-session CDROMs?  The notion of partitions on CDROMs is
>a little ambiguous.  I'm hoping that GEOM can improve this.

I'm not sure GEOM could improve it as much as atapi-cd already has
improved it, I'm not sure where it is documented, but you can
access each track separately with some /dev/acd0t%d kind of syntax
or something.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956