John Baldwin wrote:
> > What happens if you:
> >
> >       dd if=/smb/urchin/pub/bytes/8145 of=8145
> >
> > ?  I expect that it works, no problem.
> >
> > This localizes the problem to the VOP_GETPAGES that gets hit
> > in the SMBFS case.
>
> Umm, terry.  Did you even read all of this thread?  He did a
> simple cat(1) later which used read(2) and it got an actual
> error back from read(2).  Also, Sheldon is not the original
> submitter of the problem report.

I didn't see the read problem until after I had sent this.

Just like you didn't see this posting until after you sent
yours.  8-).

You can't read "all of" a thread that's in progress, unless
there is absolutlely zero latency on email delivery, and
your opening a response to some email in a thread could
lock out the ability of anyone else to do so.  8-) 8-).

-- Terry