On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Krzysztof [iso-8859-2] Jędruczyk wrote:
> Yesterday I tried to upgrade wine on my FreeBSD-current box. It didn't
> compile until I changed following in server/context_i386.c (looks like
> this is because of commit of 1.28 version of src/sys/i386/include/reg.h)

Thanks for the heads up.  Indeed this breaks the Wine port (and possibly
other software) that relied on the old structure of dbreg.

Poul-Henning, your patch to src/sys/i386/include/reg.h

  revision 1.28
  date: 2002/10/20 20:48:56;  author: phk;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -9
  Change the definition of the debugging registers to be an array, so
  that we can index into it, rather than do pointer gymnastics on a
  structure containing 8 elements.

unfortunately changed this structure in a way that makes it hard to
write code that remains compatible across -STABLE and -CURRENT.

(I'm also Cc:ing Pierre, who contributed this FreeBSD-specific code
to Wine in August.)

How can we fix this problem (a) for Wine, and (b) in general?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/