Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > That's bizarre... it's defined in libc_r, so there's no reason for
> > the omission in libc.
>
> I only added stubs that I thought the implementation of libc used
> (or would use).

Makes sense.

Actually, it looks like most of this could be done with macros,
including the function definitions, so that we are just dealing
with lists; I didn't go that far with it.

> > Please find attached a patch that corrects this.
>
> Patch looks correct.

Please commit?  8-).

> > PS: It looks like the semaphore code use pthread_cond_signal; maybe it
> > should be using the pthread_cond_broadcast, instead?  This seeems to
> > be broken, if we are talking a large vs. small count on the semaphore...
>
> Semaphores only increment/decrement the semaphore by 1.

In the code in question, it looks like a "thundering herd" race
is a correct thing to do to avoid starvation; maybe I'm reading
it wrong.

-- Terry