I installed two machines with fresh current snapshots last night
and this morning.  One was an i386 box the other a sparc64 box.
Both machines are NIS clients from the same server.  I do have
other 5.x and 4.x boxes on the same LAN at home that also are NIS
clients of the same server (the server is 4.7 box).  All my other
machines work fine.  However, for the two freshly installed
test boxs, ypbind doesn't find a server the first time it is run
during /etc/rc startup.  If I login as root and run 'ypbind' again
then it works fine.  All my other 5.x boxes which are not fresh
installs do not have this problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/