Ray Kohler wrote:
> Just a guess, but maybe your system locks up every time the
> CPU usage gets very high under SMP? That's one thing dnetc
> is guaranteed to do. Do other CPU-intensive operations do
> it? (Maybe you said earlier, but I haven't been following
> this thread.)

That is, in fact, the case, at least with my system.  It usually eventually
unhangs on its own, but sometimes it's a hard wedge that only the reset button
can fix.

This is in -stable, btw.  Is it happening in -current as well?
--
Frank Mayhar [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/