<<On 11 Nov 2002 17:56:08 +0100, Marc Recht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'm thinking more of it like an aggregation. IMHO it should be possible,
> if the user wants to, to get POSIX 199506 and BSD.

That would be very difficult, since FreeBSD never supported that
version (indeed, never even claimed support for that version).  In
order to make this happen, someone would have to go back to a printed
copy of ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 and compare all of the text against what
is in FreeBSD to determine the appropriate conditionals.  (That's not
counting any semantic changes.)  I've already done some of this work,
and it's a lot of hard work (not least because of the way the previous
POSIX standards were structured) for very little gain (since
FreeBSD/i386 has never correctly supported any version of POSIX, not
even the one it used to claim to support).

-GAWollman