Looking at the kernel sources, I see that in /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/trap.c,

--- snip

    /*
     * note: PCPU_LAZY_INC() can only be used if we can afford
     * occassional inaccuracy in the count.
     */
    PCPU_LAZY_INC(cnt.v_syscall);

--- snip

        This seems to be a macro to update a per-CPU variable. But, AFAIK, there is
*only* one variable now. Is it correct?

        The ia64 version (/usr/src/sys/ia64/ia64) happily updates this variable:

---- snip
syscall(int code, u_int64_t *args, struct trapframe *framep)
{
    struct sysent *callp;
    struct thread *td;
    struct proc *p;
    int error = 0;
    u_int64_t oldip, oldri;
    u_int sticks;

    cnt.v_syscall++;
---- snip

        What happens here? Is this a bug caught in the middle of a change?

        BTW... Is there a major change in the sysctl MIB for 5.0-RELEASE? I am using
it to get most of the information logged to Orca and I should take it into
account.

        Thanks,

        Borja.