I've been playing around with OPIE in -current and have found that when I
disable OPIE for a user (opiepasswd -d) that I can no longer login to
ftpd with my normal unix password. However, I am able to login(1) when
it's disabled with my normal unix password.

> opiepasswd -c
Using MD5 to compute responses.
Enter new secret pass phrase:
Again new secret pass phrase:

ID spock OTP key is 499 cu0653
DIE HICK SKY SLEW HOB BOSE
> opiepasswd -d
Updating spock:
Disable spock's OTP access? (yes or no) yes

ID spock is disabled.
> ftp localhost
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
220 localhost FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
Name (localhost:spock): spock
331 Response to otp-md5 498 cu65 ext required for spock.
Password:       <--- entering normal unix password here
530 Login incorrect.
ftp: Login failed.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

Is this incorrect behavior? Or am I doing something wrong with OPIE?

Thanks,

Mike

--
  Mike Heffner       <mheffner@[acm.]vt.edu>