Hi,

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 5:08 pm, Robert Watson wrote:
> dmesg is a command that dumps the kernel message buffer.  You can
redirect
> the output to a file:
>
>   dmesg > fileofchoice

Sure. This bit is sufficiently similar to Linux for me to know it :)

Problem is, I haven't got 4.7 installed. I want to install 5.0DP2. I
can't
install 5.0DP2 due to the reboot, and therefore I can't get to a
command
prompt in order to run dmesg....

Bit of a chicken & egg situation -- if I could install 5.0Dp2
successfully,
then I wouldn't need to be sending you the output of dmesg here ;)

> Also, you may find it helpful to boot "verbosely" by using:
>
>   set boot_verbose
>
> in the boot loader prior to starting the kernel.

Didn't know about that. I'll give it a go.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: