Hi,

I have an VAIO FX601, and ACPI never worked.

I get a lot of errors related to ACPI during boot and acpidump also prints errors.

After suspending the laptop, the system never wakes-up, display still stays black.

So this ACPI BIOS seems to be completely buggy,

bye,

Mitsuru IWASAKI schrieb:
[moved to current@ and acpi-jp@jp]

Hi,

According to Mitsuru IWASAKI:

If your ACPI BIOS check OS type (try; acpidump | grep _OS_), you might
need to do something.  The black list feature (for non-Windows) might be
good idea for avoiding confusion.
Will try tonite when I'll have my laptop.

Thanks.

Also, development resources are limited.  For example, none of ACPI
developers has VAIO.
Well, I don't know enough to be a developper but I do have a VAIO (Z600TEK)
and can test things. Just ask.

BTW, I'm planning to buy VAIO (maybe used one) to improve ACPI support.
Any recommendations?
# Recommendation means some sort of `Sigh!  My VAIO doesn't work with
# ACPI at all!!' :-)

Thanks

Michael Bretterklieber		- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JAWA Management Software GmbH 	- http://www.jawa.at
Liebenauer Hauptstr. 200	-------------- privat ------------
A-8041 GRAZ			GSM: ++43-(0)676-93 96 698
Tel: ++43-(0)316-403274-12	E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax: ++43-(0)316-403274-10 	http://www.inode.at/mbretter