First install of DP2 went crazy weird (posted earlier).  A minimal install
(just the minimal distribution) went fine and I could login but didn't really
try anything more than that.  Now the install went fine, the boot goes fine
(no errors that I can see) but when I log in I get:

<page fault>
Fatal Trap 12: Page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address           = 0x800009
fault code                              = supervisor read, page not present
IP                                      = 0x8:0xc031f044
SP                                      = 0x10:0xd99a6c98
FP                                      = 0x10:0xd99a6cc0
Code Segment                    = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                        = DPL0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1 (<-- not 100%
sure of this line)
Processor eflags                = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
Current Process                 = 446 (tcsh)
Trap Number                     = 12
Panic: Page Fault
Syncing disks... panic: bwrite: buffer is not busy???
</page fault>

I have 512MB of ram, AthlonXP cpu, and the swap partition was mounted during
boot.

I posted my STABLE dmesg, I can do it again if it would help, I can't get my
current dmesg (don't have a serial console unless a palm pilot will work
somehow)

thanks,
Scott