ACPI works pretty well on my HP Pavilion Notebook. But is it possible to get the apm saver (apm_saver.ko) to work with ACPI? From what I understand, acpi is a superset of apm, and is able to provide some emulation of apm functionality. So, by this principle, shouldn't apm_saver work with acpi?

I've got these in my /etc/rc.conf:

apm_enable="YES"
apmd_enable="YES"
saver="apm"

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure I am. But the standby mode works great when I press the button or close the lid.