Bosko Milekic wrote:
[ ... memory allocator ... ]

FWIW: The Sequent Dynix allocator paper has been converted, and
is now available online:

        Experience With an Efficient Parallel Kernel Memory Allocator
        Paul E. McKenney, Jack Slingwine, Phil Krueger
        Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.
        Software Practice And Experience
        http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/484408.html

This is the same reference that is in the books "UNIX Internals:
The New Frontiers" and "UNIX For Modern Architectures".

It's the reference I always give out, when locking in allocators
comes up, but now I have something other than a ratty photocopy
to give people.  8-).

-- Terry