Hi,

> If I choose to make world under -CURRENT the laptop gets hotter (well
> the processor/hd and so on gets used and causes heat) now, the fan
> starts to spin faster and so on, but the computer never gets cooler even
> a day after a build it still is hot and the fan never stops spinning, is
> there a way to let my processor know how to calm down?
> This problem dosn't occur when I'm running Windows (XP)

Hmm, we need further info. on this.
Please add the following lines into your /boor/loader.conf:
----
hw.acpi.verbose=1
debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_ALL_COMPONENTS ACPI_BUS"
debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_WARN ACPI_LV_ERROR ACPI_LV_OBJECTS"
----

Then you'll get thermal operation messages, something like:
Nov 26 19:34:13 mybox kernel: acpi_tz0: _AC0: temperature 60.0 >= setpoint 60.0
Nov 26 19:34:13 mybox kernel: acpi_tz0: switched from NONE to _AC0: 60.0C

We need the messages like this, acpidump output, and sysctl hw.acpi output
to track this down.

BTW, does new acpica patches give any effects for your?
http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/acpica-20021002-20021118-test20021121.diff

Thanks