Damn, I think I found a problem.  Perhaps it might be what's
causing your problem.  Do you have I686_CPU defined in
your kernel?  If so can you either try it with a kernel
without I686_CPU or with CPU_DISABLE_SSE?
Yes, I've I686_CPU and CPU_ENABLE_SSE in my kernel.
Trying it without could take a while, because everything is also compiled with -march=athlon-xp..

The kernel doesn't align the FPU registers (context) properly.
Actually, neither does anything in userland because the
machine contexts lack align directives.

You can also try modifying the patched uthread_kern.c,
function _thread_kern_sched().  There's a section about
halfway down that looks something like this:

[..patch]
That didn't work (no difference).

Regards,
Marc