In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            "M. Warner Losh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:             Aurelien Nephtali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: : I've got a panic by unplugging my NIC then plugging it again and then doing
: : a dhclient <interface>. I've attached some informations about the panic.
:
: Kill the dhclient after you unplug the interface, but before you plug
: it back in.

This can also be caused by a bug in the network driver.  If it failed
to attach for some reason, but created (and not destroyed) a mutex,
then the WITNESS code will modify the softc after it has been freed,
trigging the panic you described.

Warner