Terry Lambert wrote:
> The main problem here is that lockmgr() is being called to lock
> things that technically don't need to be locked, at all, really,
> to insure that operations are not attempted concurrently.  It's
> not really necessary: the server will refuse additional requests
> on a connection, when there is one request outstanding.

In case this wasn't clear to whoever was thinking of doing the
work: add a serialization barrier at the ncp_* layer.  You can
remove it later, without any other code being adversely affected,
if you add a connection pool later.

Note also that the credentials can be passed on the VC, if you
don't mind not running on NetWare prior to 3.1b.  I recommend
this, since it means connection, but not credential, sharing
between processes for threads in the work-to-do pool.

-- Terry