I found out that ntpdate just doesn't seem to be working at all during boot. Ntpd dies because of the time differential (windows changes the time two hours because of the TZ). No message from ntpdate (I'll next try to divert it to syslog).

Running *after* boot, by typing /etc/rc.d/ntpdate start, works fine.

I tried no ntpdate_flags, ntpdate_flags="-b server.name", and ntpdate_flags="server.name".

Suggestions?

--
Daniel C. Sobral (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- E. Rutherford