In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Riccardo Torrini write
s:
>I have 4 primary partitions and I use a boot manager (magic.com)
>that install some black magic that hide unused partition, this
>permit to have multiple 'other-OS' partition that don't know of
>each other (but, obviously, FreeBSD can see and mount all of them).
>
>As far as I know it use an EXOR 0x10 to hide/unhide but fdisk doesn't
>recognize 0x0B/0x0C fat32 when hidden (0x1B/0x1C)
>
>This is the patch, that can be extended easily to cover the range
>0x1A-0x1F (0x0A-0x0F when hidden).  I simply copied strings from
>0x0B/0x0C and added Hidden in front of them  :-)  Any comment?
>(I don't know if 0x1B/0x1C are registered as used)

I think this is very marginal use really...

If we really wanted to support this convention, we should not add
(almost-duplicate) entries in the table, but rather on missing
an entry in the table, try again after xor'ing with the "hide-bit"
and see if we then get a hit.

But as I said, this is  rather marginal and I really don't feel
it should go in unless this xor-0x10 convention is more widespread.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956