On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 02:35:32PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> I get this when building 5.0 under 4.x, for the purposes of installing
> into a temporary directory.  Any ideas?
>
> Kris
>
> ===> etc/sendmail
> rm -f freefall.cf
> (cd /local0/src-5.x/etc/sendmail &&  m4
>-D_CF_DIR_=/local0/src-5.x/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/cf/
>/local0/src-5.x/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4 freefall.mc) >
>freefall.cf
> m4: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> Stop in /local0/src-5.x/etc/sendmail.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /local0/src-5.x/etc.
> *** Error code 1

installworld is attempting to do what buildworld was supposed
to do.

Check with ``make buildworld SUBDIR_OVERRIDE=etc/sendmail'' --
normally, after buildworld, it should do nothing.  If it builds
something, then buildworld is not done -- either you have a
timestamping problem (wrong system date, sources have modtime
in the future) -- re-check with the above command by running
it for the second time, or you've changed your sources after
buildworld, or you're attempting to run installworld with
different set of options than was passed to buildworld.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Sunbay Software AG,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age