I've been on vacation for the last week, so I haven't been watching
-current like a good boy should, but I've suddenly been seeing a serious
problem, and it *might* not have been reported, and seeing as code freeze
is almost here, it's worth risking a bit of embarrassment, I guess.

Anyhow, it's the console, it's been locking up.  I just retried it with a
kernel cvsupped not 2 hours ago, and it's still here.  All the vty's lock
up, and once even froze the PC speaker (beeping annoyingly at me).

There don't seem to be any hung processes.  I can use X, and I can also
ssh into the box, so it's the console only.  Can't switch to different
vty's, and the one i'm on is frozen, no response to any keys.

It seems to come on more quickly if I do something serious, like a
buildkernel.  Happened once on startup, but even though rc hadn't
finished, I WAS able to ssh into the box and shut it down (indicating to
me that rc had finished, just no response from the console).

Machine is a 2 processor Tyan Thunder, 1G memory, two Athlons, scsi disks
and eide both.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.