On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 11:24:59AM +0800, leafy wrote:
> I finally got over this one. The problem is that mpd needs a very long time
> for PPPoE negotiation, thus if we run ipnat reload before it's settled, that
> will be totally useless. So I moved the mpd startup script to
> PREFIX/etc/rc.d/000.mpd.sh and the ipnat reload in zzz.ipnat_reload.sh and
> VIOLA!
>
> Putting them in the same script does not work, maybe this could be improved?

How could this not work? Are you starting it in the background? Must be.
I'm assuming that you don't want to run them serially
because it would take too long to startup your system so you use some sort
of mechanism (like the -background option to ppp(8)) to run it in the background.
I would suggest that you do something like this:
( mpd -foreground; /etc/rc.d/ipnat reload ) &

... unless it is not possible for some reason.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Fingerprint: D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9