Hi

After building a system from yesterday's sources (14/12/02), I rebuild my X server from ports. Upon invoking startx the X server terminated with the following messages:

Symbol from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a is unresolved.

/var/log/XFress86.0.log has something like:

(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
Not loading .rodata.str1.32
Not loading .rodata.str1.1
Not loading .rodata.cst8

and so on.

After an Internet search, I recompiled the server with -fno-merge-constants and the X server is now running.

--

Regards

Peter

As always the organisation disavows knowledge of this email