Hi,
I installed a second SCSI disk on a system. For testing I installed
Windows .. fine, I installed Linux .. fine. Then I installed
FreeBSD...fine *but* the SCSI BIOS on bootup complains that the disk
geometry is all cockeyed, and it looks that way from what it says.
It warns any non-DOS O/S may have problems using it.
Well I have had no problems, and fdisk makes no complaints. What has
happened to upset the SCSI BIOS ? The thing it seems to hate is that it
is getting 63 heads reported instead of 64.
It is a Tekram 390 U/W controller, with an IBM 18MB U160 disk.
There have never been any other complaints about the 1st SCSI disk.
Diagnostics show no problems.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson