I just did a fresh install of RC1+ onto my workstation machine and proceeded
to build X.  A previous package install had installed the perl package.
Unfortunately, during the build of the X fonts, it stopped and said that
/usr/X11R6/bin/mkhtmlindex could not be found.  Sure enough the file was
there, but the contents started with

#!/usr/bin/perl

So it looks like yet more damage caused by the perl wrapper removal.  I also
noted that installing the XF4 library package produces the same error.  This
probably needs to be fixed in some fashion for 5.0-R

Scott