Hi!

I have problems to boot the CD-based Kernel on the images for
FreeBSD 5.0 DP2,RC1 and RC2.

As ACPI is mostly the problem i have tried it with "unset acpi_load" but to no avail.

It seems as if the Kernel probes the hardware and then there comes a kernel panic.
4.7 runs smoothly and without a hitch, besides that i have to boot windows
first after a power-down to get DMA for my IDE-Drives.
The Hardware is a ABIT BE7-RAID (i845PE-Based) with a P4 2,8 GHz and 512MB.
The CD-ROM Drive is a Pioneer DVD-Drive as master on the second
controller.

The output says:

Fatal trap 1: privileged instruction fault while in vm86 mode
instruction point = 0xcc00:0xe3
stack pointer = 0x0:0xff8
frame pointer = 0x0:0x0
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0x0, type 0x0
DPL 0, pres 0, def32 0, gran 0
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, vm86, IOPL = 0
current process = 0 (swapper)
trap number = 1
panic: privileged instruction fault

An tr on RC1 says (The only with the debugger built in):
(null)(0,0,0,0,0) at 0xe3

Have someone an idea about this problem?

Best Regards

Ralf Schumacher