FYI, I got a kernel panic while copying (cp -rfv) about 200 MB worth of files from CDROM to a UFS2+S partition. The system is running GENERIC off the 5.0-RC2 ISO's (i386). Here's the output:

Fatal trap 12: Page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address = 0xf0
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc02becef
stack pointer = 0x10:0xcdc4abc8
frame pointer = 0x10:0xcdc4abe0
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 495 (cp)
trap number = 12
panic: page fault

fsck_ufs was running in the background during the above. When I allowed fsck_ufs to complete and retried, the copy operation completed.

As a side note, the system seems vulnerable to page fault panics while the background fsck_ufs is running after a hard crash. I've had several in the past 20 minutes in the cron process, to the point where I'm right now in the 5th iteration of a panic/reboot loop without touching the system. The hardware itself was stable under 4.7.