On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:19:03AM -0500, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> I've seen similar erratic behaviour myself when using gdb without -k
> command switch. Can it be your problem too?

    Are you saying that you don't see this problem when using the -k flag?

    I don't have the -k option at my disposal.  I could be wrong, but I
    think that the -k extension to GDB is found only in changes made to
    whatever's included under src/contrib/gdb, not in the patches for the
    ports.  (RELENG_4 is still including GDB 4.18, and that can't read the
    debugging info in the new 5.0 kernel.  That's why I installed a new
    version manually.  :).)

> Also, you might want to look for sample .gdbinit files for useful gbd
> macros other people are using. These files are in the tree somewhere.

    Will do.

    Thanks for the reply.

--
ryan beasley                            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG ID: 0x16EFBD48                      http://www.goddamnbastard.org