> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:21:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Matthew N. Dodd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > After DP2 was released, PCCARDs were no longer recognized by IBM
> > ThinkPads in the 600 series. I just get:
> >
> > pccard1: Card has no functions!
> > cbb1: PC Card card activation failed
>
> either set from the loader or add to /boot/device.hints
>
> hw.cbb.start_memory="536870912"
>
> (or some other memory address > physical)
>
> --
> | Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
> | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |
> | http://www.jurai.net/~winter |  For Great Justice!  | ISO8802.5 4ever |

Victory???

Thanks, Matthew. My system now "sees" the card.

Any reason you chose to provide the value in decimal instead of hex? I
can remember 0x20000000 a lot easier.

The next issue is getting the card to actually work! I can manually
run pcard_ether and dhclient and it works, but I suspect that devd is
supposed to handle this.

I have read the man pages, but they seem to have only a little to do
with reality. (no /etc/devd-generic,for example.) Nor are there any
exampled in the man page for devd.conf nor a devd.conf file.

Is there anywhere I can find documentation?

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634