Hi

I received a similar problem during booting into single user mode upon startup. I hope the following helps:

mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad2s1a
start_init: trying /sbin/init

VOP_STRATEGY on VCHR
:0xc189a00: tag none, type VCHR, usecount 5, write count 0, refcount 6, flags (VV_OBJBUF)

backtrace
spec_strategy
spec_getpages
ffs_getpages
vnode_pager_getpages
exec_map_first_page
kern_execve
execve
start_init
fork_exit
fork_trampoline

--- trap 0x1, eip = 0, esp = 0xcbaaed7c, ebp = 0 ---

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, walt writes:

After updating world and kernel this evening I saw this message fly by
during the reboot:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s3a

VOP_STRATEGY on VCHR
: 0xc25fd000: tag none, type VCHR, usecount 5, writecount 0, refcount 6, flags (VV_OBJBUF),
Sorry, need DDB option to print backtrace

That feels like an error message (sort of) but everything seems to be
working normally. Is this a real problem or just noise?

Well, to you it's just noise, to me it's a real problem :-)

It is probably the same problem as the one I just commited a fix for.

If you get this again after upgrading, please put the DDB option in
your kernel and see if you can reproduce it so I get a traceback.
The vnode information alone seems not quite as useful as I had hoped.

--

Regards

Peter

As always the organisation disavows knowledge of this email