Hi,

While trying to build the latest Qt (3.1.1) from original sources, it
fails because it cannot find getpwnam_r, which we appear to be missing
in -CURRENT at the moment, marked:

/*
 * XXX missing getpwnam_r() and getpwuid_r().
 */

Qt tries to use this conditionally, using:

#if defined(QT_THREAD_SUPPORT) && defined(_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS)

So, QT_THREAD_SUPPORT is defined (because I enabled -thread in their
configure), and -CURRENT must be defining _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
otherwise the code would not attempt to build that section otherwise.

Are there plans to implement getpwnam_r (and getpwduid_d) before 5.0
release? If so, I'll hold back on bugging Trolltech about a fix,
otherwise I'll ask them for a patch in future releases to take the
missing function into account.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]