Sorry, I should have said this earlier: nothing is connected to them.

This is a really weird problem -- the error messages stopped within 60
seconds of setting the correct date on the server (it was set for
November, 2002) and I cannot get them to come back, even by setting the
date back to November.

So, "nevermind" -- I'll let you know if the error messages turn up
again...

Thanks,
John