On 1/14/2003 10:50 PM, Nicholas Esborn wrote:
I run CURRENT on a Dell Latitude C600 PP01L.  I ran some tests to get
more detailed information.  During these tests, I was running:

FreeBSD assisi 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #23: Sat Jan 11 17:19:32 PST 2003     nick@assisi:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ASSISI  i386

I ran acpiconf -s [1-5] and noted the results:
[snipped]

Great summary! I see *exactly* the symptoms you are describing.

acpiconf -s 4:

The machine goes to a formal-looking text mode warning that there is
no suspend-to-disk partition (which is true);
With a partition created by Dell's make-suspend-partition floppy, I could suspend and resume with save-to-disk on 4.6. (I have since trashed the partition, because I needed its partition table slot.) So there is some hope this might work on -current also.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> USC Information Sciences Institute