On 2003.01.18 13:37:53 +0000, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> boot2 no longer accepts keyboard input.  I'm not sure exactly when
> this happened, but it was some time late last year.  I have -Dh in
> /boot.config, but sometimes I want to use the vga console instead of
> the serial console.  It used to be possible to interrupt boot2 before
> it loaded /boot/loader, and type '-h' to switch back to the vga
> console.  This doesn't work any more.
Isn't this fixed by the commit on the 13 by imp :

imp         2003/01/13 13:28:24 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/boot/i386/boot2  boot2.c
  Log:
  Fix interactive booting:
  o Revision 1.38 introduced the -n flag.  It conflicted with the
    RB_BOOTINFO flag, so was in effect always on.  Change the -n flag to
    be bit 0x1c instead of 0x1f.  This also had the consequence that a mal-formed
    /boot.config would render the system unbootable because the user was
    unable to enter anything at all on the command line.
  o Remove the initialization of opt to be RB_BOOTINFO since we filter that bit
    out and do not otherwise use it.

I have not tested this but it sounds the it should be working now?

--
Simon L. Nielsen