I'm re-examining some of our driver code where we need to wire down a
portion of a user's address space for DMA for os-bypass networking.
We currently do vm_map_wire().  This is nice, as it presents a simple
interface, but I think its pretty high overhead the way our driver
calls it (a page at a time).

Since this should be a short-lived mapping, I assume we could also get
away with using vm_page_hold() like vmapbuf() does?  Note that I don't
want all of vmapbuf, as I don't want to waste kva space by mapping the
page into the kernel... I just need to dma it, not read or write it.

Which is the preferred api for somebody like me?

Thanks,

Drew